2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
So, how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Your 2021 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity will come in at 2,000 pounds or at 3,500 pounds, depending on which configuration you opt for. Either way, you’ll be able to tow with confidence thanks to Jeep 4×4 technology and a range of other standard and available towing features. Read on to learn more about what sets the iconic Jeep Wrangler apart with Shottenkirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram near Marietta.
How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
While the Wrangler towing capacity is 3,500 pounds, you’ll want to select the right trim if you want to reach that maximum:
- All 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds, while all 4-door models can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- While most trim levels are available in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door options. That means these trims can all tow up to 3,500 pounds.
Jeep Wrangler 4×4 for Towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud on Woodstock roads.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. It also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures on rough terrain.
If you’re looking for more towing power, but you still want to enjoy the legendary Jeep off-road capability, you’ll also want to consider the new Jeep Gladiator.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
With the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, every model receives front and rear heavy-duty tow hooks! However, if you want to maximize your towing ease, opt for the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group which includes:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
If you want to explore the trims of the Jeep Wrangler, then compare the Jeep Wrangler Sport vs. Rubicon when you visit Shottenkirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, so you can see which of the Jeep Wrangler configurations is the best fit for you.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity and More from Shottenkirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
How much can the 2021 Jeep Wrangler tow? Quite a bit, actually! If you’re ready to enhance your Roswell drives, check out the new Jeep inventory available at Shottenkirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Whether your budget is all set or you’re searching for bad credit financing, we’re here to help. Contact us today!
More from Shottenkirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
With the arrival of the newest member of the Jeep family, many Marietta drivers are probably wondering the same thing: how much is the new Jeep Grand Cherokee L? The Jeep Grand Cherokee L price starts at $38,635 and will vary depending on which configuration you choose. How many configurations are there? What are…
There’s no denying that when you’re searching for a formidable off-road vehicle for your Woodstock adventures, you can turn to Jeep. The new 2021 Jeep Renegade lives up to the brand’s legacy and was even recognized by Autotrader.com as the “most off-road-capable and arguably the most characterful contender among subcompact SUV/crossovers.” But what kind of…
If you’re looking for a 2021 Jeep Gladiator near Marietta, you’ll be happy to know that they come in a wide variety of colors. With ten exterior Jeep Gladiator color options, including the bold Jeep Gladiator Nacho color and striking Jeep Gladiator Sarge color, and four interior options to choose from, you can customize…